Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen: 6 Must Know Things About Your Drug Case
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer
The United States in involved in a War on Drugs or a lot more properly described as a war on men and women who do drugs and Texas is leading the charge. In the event that you have been charged with possession of drugs or manufacture of a controlled substance, or intent to deliver, there are some issues
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen thinks you should fully understand 6 Important Facts about your case.
1. A drug conviction in Texas will result in the loss of your driver’s license. That will then add surcharges and reinstatement service fees that can run above $1000. You will furthermore have to take the Drug Offender Education Program (D.O.E.P.).
This school is for persons who have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony drug offense. This school will satisfy the requirement for education because of a suspended driver’s license. The standardized program is 15 hours in length taught in three-hour segments.
2. A conviction for drugs can result in your losing eligibility for some types of federal financial aid for higher education. Quite a few schools may expel you in the event the drug offense was committed on school property. So not only can you lose your driver’s license, you may also lose your diploma.
3. In cases where you have been charged with a drug crime, it is almost a certainty that you will be tested for drugs eventually. That may be while your on bond and even the 1st time you go to court. Marijuana can continue to be in your system for up to 6 weeks. Items intended to beat the system do not work, so don’t count on them. Don’t do drugs of any sort while on bond or you risk experiencing your bond revoked and going to jail. Furthermore, you now appear to be an active drug user to the court making your case more troublesome.
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen
4. Drug residue for example incredibly small amounts in a pipe or bag is a felony if it is a controlled substance. Marijuana must be a usable amount to be a crime.
5. The most prevalent ways drug cases are beaten are either that there was an Illegal Search and Seizure or that there was lack of Affirmative Links relating to a defendant and the drugs. Any time the search was bad, the evidence can be suppressed. Affirmative Links arguments are scenarios for example when there are 4 people in a automobile and the state can’t demonstrate the drugs belonged to any particular person. Generally known as, it was the other guy not me.
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen has used both of these approaches to have felony and misdemeanor drug cases dismissed.
6. The State must also demonstrate that the drugs were in actual fact drugs. Insisting that the “drugs” in question were in fact drugs can in some cases get a case dismissed.
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen recently had a felony possession of a controlled substances charge dismissed after requiring the state to test the “x pill”. Turned out, it wasn’t ecstasy at all and the case was dismissed. The happy client had a very depressed brother who was also charged with the same thing but had a court appointed lawyer who plead him guilty and he is now on 4 years felony probation for nothing! If he violates his probation, they won’t reexamine the evidence they will revoke him and incarcerate him.
Liberty County Criminal Drug Attorney Andy Nolen has practiced law for 22 years and has represented over 3000 clients and had hundreds of cases dismissed. He has successfully helped people with all types of drug cases from possession of drug paraphernalia to multi kilo cocaine case.
Please call Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen to discuss your case for free at 832-480-8951.
Liberty County Texas Drug Lawyer Andy Nolen - 500+ Cases Dismissed